Friday, July 06, 2007

10 Things I'm Thankful For

With the recent loss of my mom, I've spent a lot of time thinking about my own life (I'm sure everyone does that with the loss of a loved one). My mom wouldn't want me to stop living and enjoying life with her passing, so I thought about the 10 things I'm most thankful for and thought I would share them here:

  1. I'm thankful for my family, immediate and extended. I don't know how I would have gotten through the past month without them. Dana, Kyle, Dad, Lori & Rick, and Ray & Bev are my support system. Our extended family has been great, especially with their concerns for my dad and making sure he will be OK.
  2. Friends. You never realize just how many people care for you until there is a crisis. I'm fortunate to be friends with so many great people.
  3. Our pets. Maybe they should be included as family, but I think they deserve their own spot. Their love is unconditional.
  4. A career I love. Work is the best therapy for me, and getting back to work has been a real blessing. It's not something I dread, and I feel sorry for those people that have to get up and go to jobs every day that they hate just to pay the bills.
  5. Home cooked meals. So many people brought food to my dads house so we didn't have to do a lot of cooking or go for take out, it will be tough to eat out as much as we do.
  6. Music. I would gladly give up watching television if I had to make a choice between it and music. It's an important element in my life, whether listening or playing. I can't imagine a life without music.
  7. Apple Computer. They make great products that I use every day and make my life and work just a little more enjoyable.
  8. The Internet. It's helped keep family and friends close and let us share pictures, emails and videos in a way that was never before possible.
  9. Comedians. Life is serious enough, take time to laugh often and laugh loud.
  10. Bookstores. If I were independently wealthy and never had to work another day in my life, I would spend several days a week at the various bookstores around the area reading, drinking coffee. and buying book cases for all the new books I just bought.

No comments: