Wednesday, May 30, 2007

MLS on my MacBook!!!

OK, deep down, I know I'm a geek. It's been quite a few years now since I was paid to write software for a living, but since I write a lot of my own code still for my real estate business, I guess I will never lose my passion for technology.

Cut to may 29th, 2007. I was on the verge of having to break down and install (UGH!) Windows on my new MacBook. The thoughts of doing so were almost unbearable. I bought the Mac because of all the problems I have seen in our office with Vista, and the MLS only supports MS Internet Explorer. After getting the same old song from the local MLS, I contacted the software vendor directly in California to complain. Well, it seems that the good people in California like the Mac as much as I do, and also support using a Citrix Client that I can use with OS X! Oh happy day! After about 10 minutes on the phone, my Mac was running the Citrix Client and I was logged into the MLS without issue.

Now if we can just get them to support FireFox and not have to run through Citrix, all will be right in the world. But for now, Citrix is working great and I didn't have to dumb-down my Mac by installing Windows!

2 comments:

Dill said...

This is great! Is it still working? Are you using 10.5?

Dill said...

This is great! Is it still working? Are you using 10.5?