Friday, October 20, 2006

Real Estate market slowing? Hardly....

With all the talk in the media about the slow down in real estate, I've been asking myself lately where it is happening? I have been busier than I ever have, and continue to pick up new clients on a regular basis. Sure, statistically this time of year is a little slower, but I have been lucky to be picking up business that others are passing up. I also ask how many people in the media sell properties for a living to really know what they're talking about. Enough said.

I also had an experience this week where a client wanted to use my services and time, but not sign a contract to represent her in the purchase of her new home. She was adamant that I was going to do research for her, spend time driving her around to look at properties, possibly work with a builder, and let her have the right to cut me out of any deal at her discretion. I think she was rather shocked when I told her that as a Real Estate Professional, I didn't do business that way, and since I provide all of my clients with full service, I work off of a contract for those services. We agreed to dis-agree and parted company. Life is too short.

We have had several new agents join our firm in the last week, and are continuing to have agents call or drop by to find out about what we have to offer. We expect to see quite a jump in our roster this winter as agents look at their current brokerage and benefits and weigh that against what we offer. It's a very exciting time to be part of Exit Realty Partners!

Have a great week-end everyone, and I'll post more next week.

No comments: