Monday, June 09, 2008

Newton Message Pad 120


A while back, Kyle and I were talking about all the computer systems and gadgets I've used over the years trying to make my life easier. I went and dug out my old Apple Newton Message Pad 120 to show him, put in new batteries, and it came to life like the old friend I remember. I couldn't believe it still worked after sitting in it's box for so many years.

This thing was a BRICK compared to the Palm Pilots I've used, and now the Apple iPod Touch. It didn't fit in your pocket, it was bulky, and the battery life left a lot to be desired, but I loved it and was the envy of every one of my co-workers. The only bad thing about getting this back out was that I have lost the cable to connect it to a PC. I'd be curious to see if it would work with XP or not. Oh the memories this thing brings back of taking notes in the many endless and pointless meetings I had to attend.

No comments: