Monday, June 30, 2008

New Toy



OK, it wasn't the most prudent financial decision, but you have to enjoy life for yourself once in a while. Dana and I were shopping Saturday, and Guitar Center was having their huge pre-4th of July sale from 9:00 pm until midnight. After talking to the sales rep, he agreed to get me the price I wanted without having to wait until later that night, so here it is:

1961 Epiphone Custom Shop SG re-issue in Alpine White. I lowered the action a little when I got it home, and it plays like a dream. No fret rattle, very responsive, and the pickups are scorching hot! I can't get over how light it is compared to my Les Paul Standard. Now I know why Angus Young loves these guitars. (click photo to enlarge)

2 comments:

Life Junkie said...

So your blog will soon be known as "Musings of a Rock Star." Right????

David A. Davison said...

Maybe "Musings of a Wanna-Be Rock Star". Dana thought I was a dork for saying the pickups were "Scorching Hot" but when I was playing it Thursday night, she had to agree how good it sounded. Oh, she thought I was hot looking in my black Marshall Amplification t-shirt. I guess a guitar makes even the dorkiest guys cool.