Sunday, October 07, 2007

Much Needed Re-Charge

Did something for myself this week-end, I took it off! No phones, no email, no meetings. It was a much needed re-charge of my batteries and I suggest everyone do this for themselves once in a while.

I got the brush pile from the back of our property loaded up and hauled away. I put a new battery in my motorcycle (which it badly needed) and started to work polishing it up and cleaning the chrome. I didn't even think about business. It's got me thinking, I deserve a life too. So, starting tomorrow:

My normal business hours are 10:00 am until 6:00 pm, with evening & Saturday hours available by appointment only. No Sunday hours. Calls to me after 6:00 pm will be returned the following business day.

I usually work through lunch, so I'm putting in the full 8 hour day. Since I don't typically do open houses (they are a complete waste of time) I've decided to take Sundays off and shut the cell off on Saturday afternoon when my last appointment is finished.

Will I lose out on business? Probably not. I will work with clients that are willing to work with me and respect that I have a life as well. Life is too short not to enjoy it.

I love being self employed!

No comments: